**Our LiL' Miracle Boy**

Thursday, November 21, 2013

22nd Birthday....A Day I'll Never Forget!

I never imagined spending my birthday is a hospital, but this is a birthday I will never ever forget!! I received the greatest gift any mom could ask for. All week long I just kept saying as he was on the vent, is all I want to do is hold Tytan for my birthday. They even had it listed on Tytan's goal chart whiteboard as "Let Mom Hold Me" Well Tyt wasn't cooperating and he kept failing his breathing trial tests. When I walked into the room Friday morning (my birthday) our sweet night nurse, Mandy, had the entire room decorated. She had made a sign that said "Happy Birthday Mommy" and a card with Tytan's feet. She had also made a card with a gift for her. It was seriously the cutest and most special thing ever. So even though I wasn't able to hold Tytan she made it great. When the doctors came to do rounds, they mentioned they may take a leap of faith and try taking him off the ventilator on Saturday which I was happy about. I just figured I would get my present a day late. I left the room to go have lunch with my mom and Azleigh, and when I returned I was informed Tytan would be taking off the ventilator later that day. I WAS THRILLED. That meant this momma could snuggle her baby boy after 2 long weeks of never doing it. They did tell me if he didn't handle it they would have to re intubate him, but our lil man took it like a champ!! He made his momma's dream come true and gave me the greatest gift I could ask for.... to hold him! It felt soooo good to snuggle my boy like a normal baby. I never ever wanted to put him down. It was seriously one of the greatest moments of my life knowing that now even though he was in the hospital I could hold him anytime I wanted to.
It was a wonderful birthday & I got to spend it with the most important people in my life....My husband, my two littles, and my mother dear!! On Saturday night Jord and I escaped and went to City Creek and temple square for dinner! :]






No comments:

Post a Comment