**Our LiL' Miracle Boy**

Thursday, November 21, 2013

He's Here... The Birth Story

Our perfect little man arrived and what a blessing he has been to our family. It hasn't been the easiest thing ever, but it has also been such a neat journey! Tytan Jordan Walker made a quick and slightly unexpected delivery on Saturday, April 20th, at 3:34 A.M. He weighed 4 lbs. 12 oz. and was 18 inches long!! He is so perfect and such a tough, handsome, little man!!
The following week when I went to both my OB & prenatology appointment they were extremely concerned because I was starting to dilate. I could NOT deliver at any other hospital than the U because of Tytan's condition, so they simply told me to take it easy. They didn't want me going into labor at home because they were afraid I wouldn't make it to Salt Lake based off my first labor, it was pretty fast!! That Friday I got a call from the prenatologist that they had made arrangements for me to go stay in Salt Lake at the Ronald McDonald house so I could be watched closely by the staff at U until they induced me. They wanted me to be up there the following Friday, April 19th. So as you can imagine this freaked me right now. I pretty much had to pack my life up in a week and move to Salt Lake. I still had responsibilities with both preschool & Snow, so this messed things up a bit but I knew I had to do what was best for my lil man at this point. So I spent the next week packing my family up for the next 2+ months because I wouldn't be coming home until we were able to bring the baby home!! Friday the 19th rolled around and I called up to the McDonald house to check if it was still okay if we checked in that day...Well unfortunately they were full until Saturday so we would have to wait....So I wasn't sure what to do. I technically didn't really need to be there until Monday for my appointment but the docs wanted me up there asap. So I called Jord and asked what he wanted to do. He had made plans to bring a company truck to SL to pick up some supplies and take them back Monday, so long story short we decided we would just get a room Friday night & check in the RMH on Saturday.
So around 6ish on Friday, Az & I loaded up the car and said goodbye to home for awhile!! Azleigh was such a sweetheart the car ride up....She just slept like an angel while I cried thinking our "just the two of us" time was close to over!! On the way up, I started having a few contractions. They didn't hurt, just tightening s o I just figured they were braxton hicks. They seem to get closer together the longer I was in the car, but still they didn't really hurt. Once I got to Salt Lake, I called my mom and asked her what I should do. She said it was probably just the position I was in and once I stopped to get out and walk around. I didn't dare get out plus Az was still sleeping so I just waited in a parking lot for Jord!! Jord arrived at about 8:30 and as soon as he came to the car I just started to bawl....Why? It wasn't because I hurt but I just knew our lil man was coming soon and I was so scared, so unprepared, and had no clue what the outcome would be. We decided to go eat at Cafe Rio and walk around, and the contractions weren't stopping!! I decided I better call the U and ask them what they thought. So I did and they told me it was probably nothing but I should probably be checked out because of his condition. We got there around 10ish and they had NONE of my medical records. Thank heavens my nurse in provo made copies of all of them for me and I happened to be prepared and had packed them with us. Az refused to let her dad carry her so of course I had to pack her in and she had to sit on the bed with me. They hooked us up to monitors and said they would watch me for an half hour then go from them. At this point I still didn't hurt, so I really wasnt sure if it was labor or not. A half hour had passed and I hadn't changed...Still at a 3.5 so they sent me home. We went and got a room close to the U and started to get Az ready for bed. At this point the pains hit me hard....I was hurting so so terribly bad but was trying to stay calm until I got Az to sleep. I called my parents and told them to get to SL immediately so they could watch Az. They got up there at about 11:50 PM and we headed to the hospital right away. At this point I was having contractions like every 2 minutes apart. When I got into Labor & Delivery I was at a 6, so they immediately took me back into the "special delivery" room and started my IV and epidural shortly after. Within an hour I was to a 8, but they were trying to hold me off until at least 5:00 AM because they wanted me to be on antibiotics for at least 4 hours. Well around 3ish I pushed the nurses button and told her that I wasn't hurting but I felt SOOO much pressure and really needed to push. I was at a 10+ and the baby was on his way out. The delivery team came in and within 15 minutes it was baby time. They broke my water and he immediately followed with a half a push. It was so amazing to hear his little cry. I was sort of in shock that everything happened so fast and all I just cried saying, "he's so little!" "he's perfect" They let Jord cut the cord and off he went through the window to the nicu. We seriously only got to see him for a total of 30 seconds. It broke my heart that I didn't get to hold him or even take a picture of him. It was that fast. I sooooo wish we would have had a photographer there to capture his first moments. Jord was so sweet!! He just kept kissing me and saying, "I'm so proud of you." It was neat to share this moment with him, just the two of us!!







 We didn't hear from the NICU for about an hour. They FINALLY poked their heads through the window and said he weighed 4 lbs. 12 oz. and was 18 inches long. They said they were working on stabilizing him then we would be able to come see him!! I felt SOOOO GOOD and wanted to get up, so I got up, showered, and put regular clothes(I hate gowns) so that I was ready when I got to go see my boy!!


Finally about 7 AM they came and got us and said we could go see him. It was harder than I ever imagined to see my little boy that way. I just wanted to pick him up and tell him how loved he was and that everything was going to be okay, but I couldn't and all reality I didn't know if it was going to be okay or not! He was absolutely perfect and I couldn't be more in love with him. We were able to spend about 10 minutes with him before lifelight came. As they were moving him to the life flight cart he gave us a scare and stop breathing. I thought for sure he was gone when all the alarms went off. I just buried my head in Jord's chest and pleaded with the Lord not to take my precious little boy. They finally got him back, stabilized him, and was ready to be transported to Primary's. They let us follow behind them. He was taken over to the Cardiac ICU and was hooked up to his million machines & medicines.






No comments:

Post a Comment