**Our LiL' Miracle Boy**

Friday, November 22, 2013

An Expensive Weekend @ PCMC

Well our little man gave us our first big scare over the weekend. Tytan has done so well and is such a good baby I freaked a little when he's acting a little offish and the numbers aren't adding up. It was a Friday morning and he seems to be okay except he had a hard time eating. It was like he almost couldn't breathe when he was sucking. So I hooked him up to the monitor and sure enough he would desat every time he ate. It was almost as if he had something in his throat or nose that he couldn't clear, so I tried suctioning him and it worked for a bit but soon enough it was back. So I called up to Primary Children's and asked them what to do. They said to call the pediatrician's office and see if they could do a long nasal suction (basically a long tiny tube that goes down their nose to the back of the throat). It was after hours and our ped wasn't in, so I had to take him to the on call ped. I will just say I was not impressed with him AT ALL. I don't really think he realized just how complex and serious Tytan was. He just pretty much told us to watch him and sent us on our way, so back home from Provo we went.
It was a long long night to say the least. Tytan was off o2 at night, but this night he was requiring oxygen and ALOT of it. His alarm was going off all night long. Jord & I took turns all night holding him and watching him closely. Finally at like 5:00 he started desatting into the 60's, so I called up to Primary's. They told us to get him up there. So bright & early we packed up and went. When we got up there his sats were a bit better. He knew it was serious, so he decided to straighten up. They did a bunch of blood work, echo, tests, etc. to see what was going on. He wasn't himself at all. He didn't want to eat or anything. They were worried about his heart function, but the echo showed things looked pretty good. They finally came to conclusion that his hematicrit (blood) count was low and he test positive for rhinovirus. So we spent the weekend there being monitored. He was so good the whole weekend, and took everything like a champ. Tytan is truly my hero and I hope I have half the strength he does to endure the trials in my life.
While we were up there we got a lot of snuggling in and the chance to visit with my cousin Roger! He is such an amazing guy whom I love very much!! Tytan is now home and feeling much better...back to his happy, tube free, smiling self:] Thanks for all the prayers and concerns!





No comments:

Post a Comment