**Our LiL' Miracle Boy**

Friday, November 22, 2013

We're Moving On....Out of the CICU :]

After 3 weeks of heck and Tytan fighting like no other, we were on oxygen and able to be moved to the floor. On the floor was much different than the CICU. It was much more involved as a parent, and he didn't have a nurse of his own. He shared one with like 3 or so other patients, so on the floor I never left him. Not even at nights. My mom and Az would just come visit me there. On the floor we pretty much just cuddled and watched TV all day. I did have fun sponge bathing him, and getting him ready in cute clothes everyday!! He was weaned down on his O2 and also worked a lot of sucking. He failed his swallow study, so he had to continue with the feeding tube. This mom even had to insert a feeding tube into her lil guy's stomach. Talk about scary. I actually cried doing it because I was so afraid of hurting him. We spent 6 days there and they showed up one day and said, "You are going home" I was shocked. We were planning on being there longer, but so glad we could FINALLY go home as a family!! :]
















No comments:

Post a Comment