**Our LiL' Miracle Boy**

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tytan's Special Day!

On Thursday, the 25th of April, Tytan had a very special evening. He was able to meet some of his family for the very first time and most importantly he received his name & a blessing!
This  was really hard for me. I didn't want to bless him in the hospital. I wanted his big day to be special and beautiful. I wanted him in a sweet lil' white tux, many family & friends there, and a big dinner afterwards. Even though I wanted this so badly I knew what we needed to do. Tytan needed his name and a blessing for extra strength to endure the surgery the following day. And guess what? It was just as beautiful as if we would have been able to have a great big shindig. It was an amazing moment and one I'll never forget.
In the CICU, you can only have 3 people in there at a time. Luckily the nurses are amazing and we got special permission for more than that long enough for his blessing. None of our family had seen him except for our parents, so it was a chance for a few others to see him as well. I wanted a few of my brothers to see him in case he never came out of surgery the next day. It is so hard to think of things this way, but now this is our life, our reality, our normalcy. Yes I have faith that everything is going to work out and Tytan will be okay, but I also face the reality that we may one day have to say goodbye to our lil man in this life:(
 So we had my parents, Jordan's parents, Jerry, Jenna, Brady, Tyler, Marie, Kaden, & sweet lil Azleigh there. Everyone sanitized from head to toe and masked up before entering the room. We did not want Tytan trying to fight off a sickness along with recovering from surgery, so we were very careful.
The blessing was beautiful & the spirit was so strong! He received an amazing blessing, and it gave me a sense of peace, a sense of understanding, a sense of hope. I knew whatever happened that it was going to be okay. It may not be easy, but it will be okay. Something else was also said that has stayed in my mind ever since. He said, "May the Lord's will be in line with our will" What powerful words and how true they are. That is the only thing we can ask for because in the end it all comes down to what the Lord's will is. I pray with my heart and soul and every part of me that the Lord's will is our will. I pray that Tytan will live and grow up to be a successful, handsome, and happy man just like every other lil boy. I pray that the Lord lets us have this sweet spirit for many many years to come.
I know the power of the priesthood is real. It's true! It works! I've seen it in my own life and I seen it firsthand in Tytan's life. Leading up to this day Tytan was having a real rough go. He couldn't seem to get a hold on life. He wasn't able to breathe on his own. He had many other struggles. But after his blessings, he had strength and that strength hasn't stopped. Things have been pretty smooth sailing for the most part and he's proved to us just how much strength his teeny tiny body is made up of.

After Tytan's blessing we all went as a family, minus Tytan, out to dinner at Chili's. It was nice to get out but I missed our lil man. I didn't feel complete without him and we couldn't get back to the hospital soon enough to spend our last night with him before surgery.






No comments:

Post a Comment