**Our LiL' Miracle Boy**

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

General Conference April 2014

This was the first general conference since our sweet Tytan had passed. Last General Conference we were sitting in the ICU with our sweet boy. I can very clearly remembering rocking my baby boy for the majority of the day while we listened to our prophets and apostles. I remember at the time feeling so content and at peace of what our future held. I knew our road ahead was going to be rough, but I never imagined it would end the way it did just a few weeks later. I remember hearing the talk about taking care of children with special needs and I felt like it was for me. I felt like maybe that was the journey we would be traveling-- taking care of a child with some mental disabilities. I was ready for it. Of course I was sad and mourned over what I had planned for our little Tytan, but I was ready to embark the journey and blessings of that which comes from having this special spirit in our home. I had accepted what life had given us and I was ready to move forward and make the best of our situation.
So as you can imagine since last conference I was left completely devastated and broken heart. My faith had been shaken and my testimony was stronger than it ever had been before. I looked so forward to conference and was praying I would find some answers, some peace, and some direction. Once again the Lord and his servants didn't disappoint. There was a lot of wonderful talks, but one is particular that was an answer to my prayer. It was a talk that applied to so many and could be taken in many ways. For me, I related it to life and death and my sweet boy who had recently returned to his Heavenly Parents. It was President Uchdorft who talked about in the gospel there are no endings, only interruptions. Tytan's death was not the end, nor will it never be, but a short interruption in the life we had planned. Life is eternal and if we do are part we will all be blessed with eternal life. We will have those loved ones whether they are parents, grandparents, siblings, or in my case a sweet baby. I look so forward to that day, and I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ who made it all possible.
Click here for the full talk

We also had the opportunity to attend the Sunday Session and sit 7 rows back from the pulpit is all. They were some of President Monson's tickets. They were such amazing seats and we sat with many of the general authority's family members. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we are so grateful for the man who so kindly gave us the tickets.




No comments:

Post a Comment